Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our trip to the iMax cinema in Times Square

On our first trip for the experiential studies class, we went to the iMax cinema in Times Square to watch a movie. The movie chosen was Prince of persia. To me, the movie was actually not that bad. In the sense of plot, it satisfied my needs but in other ways such as action and reality, it did not really make the cut. The movie was based more on history and the ancient myths of the egyptian underworld. 

It revolved around mystical creatures and powers which was to me not that bad for a person that prefers guns, bombs and fist fights lol. I also found the actor playing the hero a tad bit unsuitable for the cast. I mean, he had the physique and what not but he did not blend in the whole situation. He was not able to portray himself as a man living in a rural country fighting for his dear life.

Anyway other than that, When i stepped into the iMax cinema. I was actually surprised at how big the space was and how huge the white screen was. It was by far bigger than the normal cinema and that made me really happy and excited to watch the movie. However, when the movie started. The size of the screening or should i say the resolution of the picture was exactly the same as the ones we watch in the normal cinema. I was definitely disappointed at the fact that we did not manage to get the full iMax experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment